Bonek Agency, Inc.

1475 S. Peck Rd.
Suttons Bay, MI 49682

Does Home Insurance Cover Floods?

Homeowners insurance policies don’t come as a one-size-fits-all. A standard home insurance policy will entail certain common coverages, but for added protection, you need a customized homeowner’s insurance plan that is tailored to suit your specific needs. Home insurance helps to pay for the costs of repair or replacement of your home and personal belongings in the event of a covered peril such as theft or fire. It may also cover liability claims if someone is accidentally injured while on your property or when you damage someone’s property. However, it’s critical to note that homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover losses resulting from floods and you will need a separate policy for that. If you’re looking for affordable and effective home insurance coverage in Suttons Bay, MI, contact Bonek Agency, Inc. 

Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options

A standard homeowners insurance policy offers coverage for damages caused by windstorms, hail, fires, and lightning strikes. Damages caused by floods and earthquakes are, however, not covered. Here are the common home insurance coverage options:

Dwelling Protection

This coverage protects the structure of your home and other structures attached to it, for instance, garages, sheds, and decks.

Other Structures Protection

Some homeowner’s insurance policies will also provide protection for other structures within your property but not attached to your house, for instance, a detached garage, fence, or a tool shed.

Personal Property Protection

Home insurance not only provides protection to your home but to your personal belongings as well. Your electronics, clothing, furniture, and kitchen appliances are covered in the event of damage or loss by a covered peril or theft. You may require extended coverage for special things like jewelry, watches, and furs.

Liability Protection

When someone who does not live within your property is accidentally injured while in your home, liability protection will chip in to cover the legal expenses as well as the visitor’s medical bills.

Homeowners insurance will offer the above-discussed protections except for floods and earthquakes, meaning that if you need flood protection, you will need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy. Bonek Agency, Inc. provides home insurance coverage as well as flood insurance coverage policies that suit your individual needs in Suttons Bay, MI. Contact us today.



Insurance Blog

Servicing States

  • Alabama
  • Florida
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Kentucky
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • New Jersey
  • Ohio
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin